Investment Transactions | Wyatt Early Harris Wheeler LLP

Practice Area:Real Estate

Investment Transactions

If you are selling investment real estate and are interested in deferring the capital gains associated with that property while also purchasing additional investment property, you may wish to engage in a Section 1031, or “like-kind,” exchange.  So long as various IRS rules are properly followed, these capital gains can be deferred until a later time.  Our real estate attorneys are well-versed with these intricate rules and are prepared to help you complete an exchange of your own.